The Farm and Ranch Safety and Health Association (FARSHA) is based in British Columbia, Canada. FARSHA’s mandate is the development and provision of health and safety services to BC agriculture, through:
- Health and safety programs for farm workplaces
- Training programs for employers, supervisors, and workers – on or off-site
- Site evaluations
- Consultations and guidance
- Promotion activities, such as displays and information tables at agriculture-related events
- Booklets, brochures, and other information materials.
FARSHA also has a reference library with conference proceedings, research papers, periodicals such as the Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health, and other materials that may be of use to farm safety specialists, consultants, or researchers. These materials are not available for loan, but may be reviewed by appointment at the FARSHA office in Langley, British Columbia.